
Still no baby. I've noticed an uptick the last week or so in people asking if we had the kid yet. Not to worry, I'm sure the 3 of you who read this will be the among the first to know and won't have to find out in blog form. But no, Melissa retains her orb-like shape for at least another blog post. That's 39 weeks for those of you counting at home.

Things move along for the house. It passed the home inspection. No word yet on the Indian burial ground inspection (joke courtesy of Adam Gianola). It looks like this thing is really happening. Mortgages are a crazy thing. If we actually played out the string on this, Pat would be pretty much my age by the time we paid it off. At least we look good in front of it. Also, out east they have trees with these things called "leaves." We have two big ones in our yard.

Trees, not leaves. Well, we have leaves too, lots of them, but I meant we have two trees. I actually took pictures to figure out what kind of trees they are. I'm pretty sure the one pictured is an "oak." Yeah, I know, I'd never heard of that either. Anyway, this leaf thing will be both awesome and a huge pain. Awesome in that they are lovely and tall and will really shine in a few weeks when the leaves turn, a pain in that after the leaves turn colors they fall off. I can't wait until Pat is old enough for me to wake him/her up on a Saturday morning and hand him/her a rake.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI had to delete my first comment because it had some typos in it - but I just wanted to say that you have more faithful readers than you realize as some of Melissa's relatives read it but just don't know how to leave a comment! I have tried to tell them over the phone but it just didn't work.
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of the house with you two - Melissa you are so stylish and Chris looks ready to take on the challenges of home ownership - leaves and all!
Can't wait to see pictures of Baby Pat on this thing!!!!! Love Mom T.
You guys look amazing in front of the house! So adorable! Your front stoop looks perfect for jack-o-lanterns too! Get ready for a lot of halloween themed birthday parties!
ReplyDelete